Charlotte Taylor is a freelance runner working in production and on the floor. She is studying film production at the University of Greenwich. Prior to freelancing she worked as an office runner for a well-known comedy production company.
The Production Runner works in the production team to provide administrative support the Production Manager and Production Coordinator.
- Picking up and dropping off equipment, props etc.
- Creating and printing sides
- Printing callsheets and movement orders
- Filing purchase orders
- Shredding confidential waste
- Sorting out post
- Handling petty cash
- Updating unit list and facilities list
Making tea and coffee
TOP TIPS for succeeding:
- Be proactive and positive2
- Work hard
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions
To get work as a production runner check out these talent websites/agencies:
Talent Manager – https://www.thetalentmanager.co.uk/
The Unit List – http://www.theunitlist.com/
Calltime – http://www.calltimecompany.com/