This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who We Are
The International Moving Image Society (IMIS) is the trading name of the British Kinematograph Sound and Television Society C.I.C. (BKSTS.)
We are a membership based organization that promotes the best practices in film and television for all craft disciplines. This encompasses film, television, video gaming and the internet all the way from script to screen.
Why We May Need Your Data
Here at IMIS, we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to respond to enquiries, administer your registration for membership or events and to provide the products and services you have requested from us.
How We Process Your Personal Data
We will only process your data under the following circumstances:
- With your consent and please note that you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by emailing email@example.com.
- Where we need to perform a contract with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate business interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We will process your data directly or through a contracted service provider to deliver services or goods that you have requested or to track membership class and duration and or attendance at events.
Should you invoke your right to withdraw consent for personal data this has the potential to limit or disable completely access to some or all of our services.
What Type of Data We May Require to Store
When registering/requesting services from us, we may ask you for certain personal data. This information might be required to complete an online or in person transaction or to join our mailing list. The information we collect may include but is not limited to;
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Billing address
- Delivery address
- Phone number
Who Your Data Might be Shared With
IMIS may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on our behalf. IMIS requires these parties to adhere to process this information based on our instructions and will be consistent with this Privacy Notice and the GDPR 2018 regulations.
We will only share your information with:
IMIS sub contracted data processors and suppliers of goods and services you have requested.
Additionally we will respond to data request from you as the Data Subject (subject to proof of identity)
We will respond to legitimate enquiries where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligations.
How Long We Will Hold Your Data
IMIS will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
The precise length of time we hold your personal data, varies depending on the individual circumstances for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
At any point whilst IMIS is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that IMIS refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
How You Access the Information We Hold on You
You can request the following information: from firstname.lastname@example.org please bear in mind that we will need to establish proof of your identity before we can release the any information.
We have a regulatory obligation to respond to your request within 30 days.
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (IMIS) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of IMIS or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
Last updated: 25th May 2018