(Tuesday) 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM BST
Zero One Studio
Hopkins St, Soho, London W1F 0HS
Select Your Ticket
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!
Speakers for this event
Join us as screenwriter and story design consultant, Rick Harvey walks you through the steps of writing a theme whilst exploring its importance and often-overlooked powers in this interactive workshop. He
Join us as screenwriter and story design consultant, Rick Harvey walks you through the steps of writing a theme whilst exploring its importance and often-overlooked powers in this interactive workshop.
He will address the ins and outs of what themes are about and where they belong in the writing process. In particular, he will look at:
- Theme as a unifying element of a narrative
- Theme as a means of establishing an emotional engagement with a reader /
- Theme as a means of establishing/connecting to a writer’s voice
Since this is a workshop, we advise you to bring along your own project to get the most out of this session.
Come along to this gem of an event, meet new people and get some insight into the ins and outs of successful theme writing.
About Rick Harvey:
Rick is a Cambridge-based screenwriter, story design consultant, lecturer and mentor.
Since attaining an MA Screenwriting & Research qualification from the London College of Communication in 2001, he has storylined for ‘Family Affairs’ (Talkback Thames/Channel 5), developed projects for Hewland International and Frenzy Films, written a slate of short films and spec features, mentored on First Light, Media Box and BFI projects and written and developed feature screenplays for EON Productions.
He was trained by the UK Film Council to devise, develop and deliver industry-standard courses on screenwriting and cross-platform story design, and he lectures regularly on various aspects of the writing process.
Rick is currently developing, ‘Beautiful Bodies’, an eight-part serial for TV, writing a Folk Horror feature narrative, Inheritance, and overseeing the MA in Filmmaking at Raindance.
- General Admission: This ticket is open to any non-member of IMIS.
- IMIS Member Ticket: Once logged in to the website, this allows the user the ability to attend the event for free. Limit one per person. No need to register for livestream.
- Livestream Ticket: This ticket allows you to watch the recording live and indefinitely afterwards. A link will be sent to you before the event.